The Academic Secretary’s Service is a structural subdivision of the University that is directly subordinated to the University President.
Its activity is governed by the effective law of Ukraine, the Statute of V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, the Regulations of the Academic Board of the University, the orders and decrees of the University President.
The Academic Secretary’s Service is responsible for performing the following tasks:
- organizing support for the focus areas of the Academic Board’s activity set forth in the Regulations of the Academic Board;
- drawing up draft executive documents, official correspondence as to the Academic Board’s activity;
- ensuring timely and targeted forwarding of assignments, decrees and orders, official correspondence and special documents related to the Academic Board’s activity;
- preparing and taking the minutes of the Academic Board meetings;
- informing the University community of the decisions approved by the Academic Board;
- ensuring timely implementation of the Academic Board’s decisions;
- informing the University community of the laws and regulations governing the competence of the Academic Board of the University;
- maintaining contacts with the corresponding structural subdivisions of the central and regional authorities in matters related to education, science and research, as well as with the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and the National Special Academies and other educational and research institutions on matters within the competence of the Academic Board.